Rights and obligations of ISS members
Member of the Institute shall be entitled to, directly or the authorized representative, participate in the operation and management of the Institute, that is to say:
- participate in the work of the ISS Assembly sessions and to discuss and vote on decisions and documents relevant for the work of the Institute and its organs
- to propose, to nominate or be nominated as a member of the Management Board and Supervisory Board
- to propose or to be nominated as a member of the Expert Council and to participate in the work of the ISS technical working bodies.
Member of the Institute is entitled to financial conveniences such as:
- a special discount when purchasing standards, related documents and other publications
- a special discount for the services in the field of standardization rendered by the Institute
- a special discount for the registration fees for seminars, conferences and other professional meetings organized by the Institute itself or in cooperation with other organizations...
Financial conveniences are defined in the Rules on Membership and the Decision on the conveniences to which the ISS members are entitled to.
Member of the Institute has the following obligations:
- to comply with the provisions of the Law on Standardization, Decision on Amending the Act of Founding the Institute, Statute and general acts of the Institute
- to participate actively in achieving the goals, programmes and plans of the Institute
- to pay regularly the membership fees
- to promote the implementation of standards and related documents
Other rights and obligations of ISS members, as well as the issues related to the membership are defined in detail by the Statute and the Rules of the Membership.