1.1 Scope of prEN 1993-1-14
(1) This document gives principles and requirements for the use of numerical methods in the design of steel structures, more specifically for the ultimate limit state (including fatigue) and serviceability limit state verifications. It also gives principles and requirements for the application of advanced finite element (FE) and similar modelling techniques for numerical simulation which also covers safety assessment.
(2) This document covers general methodologies such as the finite element method (FEM), finite strip method (FSM) or generalized beam theory (GBT) for modelling, analysis and design of steel structures made of the following members and joint configurations:
a) hot-rolled profiles,
b) cold-formed members and sheeting,
c) welded plated profiles,
d) stainless steel profiles,
e) plate assemblies,
f) shell structures,
g) welded and bolted joints.
In addition to the general design rules, specific additional rules can also be found in the relevant standard parts in EN 1993.
(3) This document contains harmonized design rules in terms of the application of the numerical modelling methods, development of the numerical models, application of analysis types, result evaluation methods, and determination of the resistance of steel structures for different limit states.
(1) This document gives rules intended for engineers who are experienced in the use of FE.
(2) It is recognized that structural analysis, based upon the laws of physics, has been successfully researched, developed, historically or currently used for the design and verification of elements or whole structural frames. This remains appropriate for many structural solutions. However, when a more detailed understanding of structural behaviour is required, the methods described in this document can be useful for the professional design.
(3) Unless specifically stated, EN 1990, EN 1991 (all parts) and the other relevant parts of EN 1993-1 (all subparts) apply.
(4) The design methods given in EN 1993-1-14 are applicable if
- the execution quality is as specified in EN 1090-2 and/or EN 1090-4, and
- the construction materials and products used are as specified in the relevant parts of EN 1993 (all parts), or in the relevant material and product specifications.
naSRPS EN 1993-1-14:2022
40.20 Нацрт на јавној расправи 60 дана
7. 9. 2023.
Да бисте видели цео садржај, морате се регистровати или пријавити помоћу корисничког имена које већ имате.