60.60 16. 9. 2020.
TC 61/SC 61C
IEC 60335-2-24:2020 deals with the safety of the following appliances, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances, 480 V for other appliances and 24 V DC for appliances when battery operated:
– refrigerating appliances for household and similar use;
– ice-makers incorporating a motor-compressor and ice-makers intended to be incorporated in frozen food storage compartments;
– refrigerating appliances and ice-makers for use in camping, touring caravans and boats for leisure purposes.
These appliances may be operated from the mains, from a separate battery or operated either from the mains or from a separate battery.
This standard also deals with the safety of ice-cream appliances intended for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
It also deals with compression-type appliances for household and similar use, which use flammable refrigerants.
This standard does not cover features of the construction and operation of those refrigerating appliances which are dealt with in other IEC standards.
Refrigerating appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as
– refrigerating appliances used in staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments,
– refrigerating appliances used in farm houses and by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments,
– refrigerating appliances used in bed and breakfast type environments, and
– refrigerating appliances used in catering and similar non-retail applications
are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
– persons (including children) whose physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
– children playing with the appliance.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries, additional requirements are specified by national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to
– appliances intended to be used in the open air;
– appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– appliances incorporating a battery intended as a power supply for the refrigerating function;
– appliances assembled on site by the installer;
– appliances with remote motor-compressors;
– motor-compressors (IEC 60335-2-34);
– commercial dispensing appliances and vending appliances (IEC 60335-2-75);
– commercial refrigerating appliances and ice-makers with an incorporated or remote refrigerant unit or motor-compressor (IEC 60335-2-89);
– professional ice-cream makers (IEC 60335-2-118).
This eighth edition cancels and replaces the seventh edition published in 2010, Amendment 1:2012 and Amendment 2:2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– aligns the text with IEC 60335-1, Ed 5.2;
– some notes have been converted to normative text or deleted (4, 5.2, 5.7, 7.1, 7.6, 7.10, 7.12, 19.1, 19.101, 19.102, 20.101, 20.102, 20.103, 20.104, 21, 22.7, 22.33, 22.101, 22.102, 22.103, 22.107, 22.108, 22.109, 30.1);
– normative references and associated text have been updated (2, 22.108, 22.109, Table 102, Annex CC);
– definition of free space has been clarified (3.6.104);
– measurement of the input current of refrigerating appliances using inverter driven motor-compressors is included (10.2);
– compatibility tests for winding insulation of motor-compressors used with different types of refrigerants and oils have been introduced (22.9);
– requirements for inadvertent contact points between uncoated aluminium pipes and copper pipes have been updated (22.111);
– testing of accessible glass panels has been clarified (22.116);
– in refrigerating appliances, requirements for material encasing and in contact with thermal insulation have been introduced and consequential text has been deleted (22.117, 30.2, 30.2.101, Annex EE);
– requirements for motor running capacitors have been updated (24.5, 24.8);
– the locked rotor test for fan motors has been clarified (Annex AA).
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard.
The contents of the corrigendum of August 2021 have been included in this copy.
IEC 60335-2-24:2010 ED7
IEC 60335-2-24:2020 ED8
60.60 Стандард објављен
16. 9. 2020.
IEC 60335-2-24:2020/COR1:2021 ED8
IEC 60335-2-24 ED9