This Type C standard document applies to fixed cableways operating as single-cable or bi-cable aerial ropeways operating on a single-track or dual-track for the transport
- of goods to supply goods to and dispose of waste from mountain huts and shelters and
- of specially designated persons.
This document does not apply to:
- cableways primarily designed, constructed or operated mainly for the transport of persons and subject to Regulation (EU) 2016/424;
- portable cableways;
- funicular railways;
- fixed and portable equipment used exclusively for leisure and pleasure purposes and not for the transport of persons;
- water ski lifts;
- agricultural and forestry installations;
- rope crane installations and crane installations;
- mining installations or other installations set up and used for industrial purposes;
- drilling equipment.
This document deals with the significant hazards arising from the construction and operation of the aforementioned cableways and measures to eliminate or reduce these hazards, provided that these cableways are used in accordance with their intended purpose and that the remaining residual risk has been anticipated and accepted by the manufacturer. A full list of all risks considered under EN ISO 12100:2010 is shown at Annex A.
The requirements under this document do not apply to equipment and systems manufactured or placed on the market before the date that this document is published.
In the event that there are changes to the existing cableways, these changes must be assessed in terms of their impact on safety in accordance with EN ISO 12100:2010. If this assessment shows that the intended changes do not constitute a significant change pursuant to the Machinery Directive, the requirements under this document must in all cases be fulfilled by the assemblies/components concerned.
In the following sections, for reasons of simplification, the term cableway is used on its own to cover the types of equipment covered by this standard.
This document does not cover:
- hazards caused by noise;
- hazards caused by vibration;
- hazards caused by explosion;
- hazards caused by electromagnetic influences (EMC).
NOTE Directive 2014/30/EU regarding electromagnetic compatibility may be used for machinery or components in accordance with this standard. This standard is not intended as a means of proving compliance with the basic health and safety requirements of the aforementioned directive or the aforementioned hazards.
Директиве повезане са овим стандардом
naSRPS EN 17639:2021
45.99 Слање нацрта FV у CCMC
8. 2. 2022.