This document establishes general principles for the execution of soil treatment by deep vibration.
The following types of treatment are covered by this European Standard:
- deep vibratory compaction to densify the soils;
- vibrated columns formed by inserted granular material laterally/radially compacted against the surrounding soils to form a stiff composite column-soil structure (vibrated compacted granular columns);
- vibrated columns formed by inserted material developing unconfined compressive strength comprising a composite of binder and granular material (rigid columns).
The following treatment methods are covered by this European Standard:
- methods in which depth vibrators, containing oscillating weights which cause horizontal vibrations, are inserted into the soil;
- methods in which compaction probes are inserted into the soil using a vibrator which remains at the ground surface and which oscillates in a vertical mode.
Treatment methods are outlined in Annexes A and B.
The following treatment methods, among others, are not included in this European Standard:
- dynamic compaction, dynamic replacement and other methods in which some form of treatment is applied to the ground surface;
- uncompacted granular columns primarily used as drains;
- explosive compaction.
SRPS EN 14731:2012
prSRPS EN 14731:2020
10.99 New project approved
Aug 21, 2020