This European Standard specifies requirements for the following road traffic noise reducing devices (as defined in 3.1):
- noise barriers (as defined in 3.2);
- claddings (as defined in 3.5);
- road covers (as defined in 3.6); and
- added devices (as defined in 3.7).
These devices may include both acoustic and structural elements, where:
- an acoustic element is an element whose primary function is to provide a noise reducing device with sound insulation, diffraction and/or sound absorption, it is a part of noise reducing device to be used along roads, and
- a structural element is an element whose primary function is to support or hold in place acoustic elements, it is a part of noise reducing device to be used along roads. Depending upon the design of the noise reducing device, structural elements may potentially be tested separately from acoustic elements.
They may be made of different materials for which specific standards are to be applied in accordance with the specifications prescribed hereafter. Some of the materials may contain dangerous substances, the reason why all the materials are declared.
This European Standard identifies the relevant characteristics of road traffic noise reducing devices, the corresponding methods of evaluation and specifies the provisions on evaluation of conformity and marking.
This European Standard covers acoustic, non-acoustic and long term performance, but not aspects such as resistance to vandalism or requirements of visual appearance.
This European Standard does not cover road surfaces or the airborne sound insulation of houses.
Directives related to this standard.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
SRPS EN 14388:2008
SRPS EN 14388:2016
60.60 Standard published
May 31, 2016