This document specifies the safety and performance characteristics for industrial, commercial, garage doors and gates and barriers, intended for installation in areas in the reach of persons, and for which the main intended uses are giving safe access for goods and vehicles accompanied or driven by persons in industrial, commercial or residential premises.
This document also covers commercial doors such as rolling shutters and rolling grilles used in retail premises which are mainly provided for the access of persons rather than vehicles or goods.
These doors can include manual pedestrian pass doors incorporated in the door leaf which are also covered by this document.
These devices can be manually or power operated.
This document also provides indications on the product modifications not affecting the performances of the concerned products.
NOTE The requirements and rules for variations (regarding the direct and extended field of applications) of fire resistance and/or smoke control door are given in the EN 15269 series, EN 17020 series, EN 1634-1 and EN 1634-3.
This document does not apply to:
- lock gates and dock gates;
- doors on lifts;
- doors on vehicles;
- armoured doors;
- doors mainly for the retention of animals, unless they are at the site perimeter;
- theatre textile curtains;
- power operated doors mainly intended for pedestrian use according to EN 16361:2013+A1:2016;
- doors outside the reach of people (such as crane gantry fences);
- railway barriers;
- barriers intended solely for use by pedestrians;
- barriers used solely for vehicles on motorways.
Directives related to this standard.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
SRPS EN 13241:2017
naSRPS EN 13241:2020
40.60 Close of voting
May 17, 2022