This document provides specific emission and immunity requirements, tests and performance criteria for residual current-operated protective devices (RCDs), for household and similar use, for rated voltages not exceeding 440 V.
Household and similar use corresponds to the description given in the generic standard IEC 61000-6-1 for residential, commercial, and light-industrial electromagnetic environments.
This document is intended to be referred to by RCD product standards and is not intended to be used as a standalone document.
Residual current-operated protective devices are:
- Residual current operated circuit-breakers without integral overcurrent protection for household and similar use (RCCBs) covered by IEC 61008 series and IEC 62423;
- Residual current operated circuit-breakers with integral overcurrent protection for household and similar use (RCBOs) covered by IEC 61009 series and IEC 62423;
- Residual current devices with or without overcurrent protection for socket-outlets (SRCDs) covered by IEC 62640;
- Portable residual current devices without integral overcurrent protection (PRCDs) covered by IEC 61540;
- Devices with an RCD functionality for household and similar use according product standards following the group safety publications for general safety requirements for RCDs, IEC 60755.
This edition applies if it is referred to as a dated reference in the relevant product standard.
This document is also intended to be used as a guideline in the preparation of EMC requirements and tests for other product standards under the scope of SC 23E. It also specifies generic performance criteria intended to be transformed into specific performance criteria by the relevant product standard.
Note: Examples of other product standards under the scope of SC 23E are:
- IEC 62020-1 "Electrical accessories - Residual current monitors (RCMs) – Part 1: RCMs for household and similar uses";
- IEC 62606 "General requirements for arc fault detection devices";
- IEC 63024 "Requirements for automatic reclosing devices (ARDs) for circuit breakers, RCBOs-RCCBs for household and similar uses";
- IEC 63052 "Power frequency overvoltage protective devices (POPs) for household and similar applications";
- IEC 62752 "In-cable control and protection device for mode 2 charging of electric road vehicles (IC-CPD)";
- IEC 62955 "Residual direct current detecting device (RDC-DD) to be used for mode 3 charging of electric vehicles".
Directives related to this standard.
Directive 2014/30/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to electromagnetic compatibility (recast)
SRPS EN 61543:2008
SRPS EN IEC 61543:2023
60.60 Standard published
Oct 31, 2023