This document specifies the requirements and test methods concerning, in particular the construction, safety, and fitness for purpose, as well as the capability and marking of a hand-held battery powered pressure and leakage measurement instrument, hereafter referred to as "pressure meters", for gas pipework in buildings, gas pipes of appliances and draught in chimneys.
NOTE Areas of application can be supply pressure of gas appliances, nozzle pressure of gas appliances (see relevant instruction manuals of gas appliances) as well as strength test, tightness test and fitness test of gas pipework as defined in EN 1775 and relevant national standards for gas pipework in buildings, and draught measurement in chimneys of heating appliances.
This document covers pressure meters with the capability of
- use with air, natural gas, liquid petroleum gas (LPG), hydrogen and mixtures of natural gas and hydrogen,
- measuring pressure in units of bar, mbar, Pa, hPa, kPa, MPa, H20, mm H2O or PSI,
- measuring leakage rate in l/h,
- withstanding the every-day working environment encountered by installation and service engineers in domestic, commercial, or industrial premises.
Such pressure meters might be capable of
- being switchable between units by the user,
- storing and/or transmitting said measurements to a remote user.
naSRPS EN 50725:2021
40.60 Close of voting
Oct 27, 2023