40.10 Apr 21, 2023
40.20 Sep 7, 2023
(1) EN 1993-5 provides rules for structural design of bearing piles and sheet piles made of steel.
(2) EN 1993-5 provides rules for the structural design of steel elements for foundations and retaining wall structures constructed using steel piles.
(3) EN 1993-5 is applicable to:
— steel piled foundations for civil engineering works on land and over water;
— temporary or permanent structures needed to carry out steel piling work;
— temporary and permanent retaining structures made of continuous steel piling.
(4) EN1993-5 does not apply to:
— offshore platforms;
— ground reinforcing elements.
NOTE : Ground reinforcing elements include rock bolts; soil nails; sprayed concrete; wire mesh and facing elements.
(5) EN 1993-5 does not cover the following aspects :
— geotechnical design;
— seismic design.
NOTE 1 For geotechnical design refer to EN 1997 (all parts).
NOTE 2 For the effects of ground movement caused by earthquakes refer to EN 1998-5.
(6) EN 1993-5 provides methods for design by calculation and for design assisted by testing.
Directives related to this standard.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
SRPS EN 1993-5:2012
naSRPS EN 1993-5:2021
Apr 21, 2023