This European Standard applies to the design of small mobile access and working platforms (S-MAT):
- with wheels- for assembly and use by one person- with no more than one platform level
- made of prefabricated elements with dimensions which are fixed by the design
- with a platform height limited by the design up to 2,0m. S-MATs can be used indoors and outdoors.
S-MATS can be removed immediately in case of arising wind greater than an equivalent dynamic pressure 0.1kN/m2 or at the end of the work shift.This document:
- gives dimensional requirements and
- safety and performance requirements.
This product standard does not apply to:
- scaffolds according to EN 12810-1 and EN 12811-1
- mobile access towers according to EN 1004-1
- mobile ladders with platform according to EN 131-7
- ladders with separate platform according to EN 131-8
where different load assumptions and verification methods are applied.
naSRPS EN 17964:2022
40.60 Close of voting
Jul 20, 2023