1.1.1 Scope of EN 1999
(1) P EN 1999 applies to the design of buildings and civil engineering and structural works in aluminium. It complies with the principles and requirements for the safety and serviceability of structures, the basis of their design and verification that are given in EN 1990 – Basis of structural design.
(2) EN 1999 is only concerned with requirements for resistance, serviceability, durability and fire resistance of aluminium structures. Other requirements, e.g. concerning thermal or sound insulation, are not considered.
(3) EN 1999 is intended to be used in conjunction with:
- EN 1990 Basis of structural design
- EN 1991 Actions on structures
- European Standards for construction products relevant for aluminium structures
- EN 1090-1: Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures - Part 1: Conformity assessment of structural components )
- EN 1090-3: Execution of steel structures and aluminium structures – Part 3: Technical requirements for aluminium structures )
(4) EN 1999 is subdivided in five parts:
EN 1999-1-1 Design of Aluminium Structures: General structural rules
EN 1999-1-2 Design of Aluminium Structures: Structural fire design
EN 1999-1-3 Design of Aluminium Structures: Structures susceptible to fatigue
EN 1999-1-4 Design of Aluminium Structures: Cold-formed structural sheeting
EN 1999-1-5 Design of Aluminium Structures: Shell structures
1.1.2 Scope of EN 1999-1-3
(1) EN 1999-1-3 gives the basis for the design of aluminium alloy structures with respect to the limit state of fracture induced by fatigue.
(2) EN 1999-1-3 gives rules for:
- Safe life design;
- damage tolerant design;
- design assisted by testing.
(3) EN 1999-1-3 is intended to be used in conjunction with EN 1090-3 -Technical requirements for the execution of aluminium structures- which contains the requirements necessary for the design assumptions to be met during execution of components and structures.
(4) EN 1999-1-3 does not cover pre
Directives related to this standard.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
SRPS EN 1999-1-3:2012
60.60 Standard published
Sep 24, 2012
dnaSRPS EN 1999-1-3:2020
MINISTARSTVO GRAĐEVINARSTVA, SAOBRAĆAJA I INFRASTRUKTURE