This European Standard is applicable to precast gully tops and manhole tops made of steel reinforced concrete with a clear opening up to and including 1 000 mm for covering gullies, manholes and inspection chambers for installation within areas subjected to pedestrian and/or vehicular traffic.
It is applicable to manhole tops and gully tops for use in
- areas which can only be used by pedestrians and pedal cyclists (at least class A 15),
- pedestrian areas and comparable areas, car parks or car parking decks (at least class B 125),
- the area of kerbside channels of roads which, when measured from the kerb edge, extends a maximum of 0,5 m into the carriageway and a maximum of 0,2 m into the pedestrian area (at least class C 250),
- carriageways of roads (including pedestrian streets), hard shoulders and parking areas, for all types of road vehicles (at least class D 400),
- areas imposing high wheel loads, e.g. docks, aircraft pavements (at least class E 600),
- areas imposing particularly high wheel loads, e.g. aircraft pavements (Group 6, class F 900).
This European Standard is not applicable in isolation but only in combination with EN 124 1 and gives guidance for combinations of covers/gratings made of steel reinforced concrete with frames according to EN 124 2, EN 124 3, EN 124 5 and EN 124 6.
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- concave gratings for class D 400 installed in carriageways of roads and hard shoulders and concave gratings for classes F 900 and E 600;
- gratings/covers as part of prefabricated drainage channels according to EN 1433;
- floor and roof gullies in buildings which are specified in EN 1253 (all parts); and
- surface boxes.
Directives related to this standard.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
SRPS EN 124:2011
SRPS EN 124-4:2016
90.93 Standard confirmed
Jun 11, 2021