This European Standard applies to manhole tops and gully tops made of Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE) or unplasticized poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC-U) by a moulding or extrusion process, with a clear opening up to and including 1 000 mm for covering gullies, manholes and inspection chambers for installation within areas subjected to pedestrian and/or vehicular traffic.
It is applicable to manhole tops and gully tops for use in
- areas which can only be used by pedestrians and pedal cyclists (class A 15), and
- pedestrian areas and comparable areas, car parks or car parking decks (class B 125).
This European Standard gives guidance for combinations of covers/grating made of PP, PE or PVC–U with frames according to EN 124 2, EN 124 3, EN 124 4 and EN 124 5.
This European Standard is not applicable in isolation but only in combination with EN 124 1.
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- rodding point covers according to EN 13598 1;
- gratings/covers as part of prefabricated drainage channels according to EN 1433;
- floor and roof gullies in buildings which are specified in EN 1253 (all parts);
- surface boxes.
Directives related to this standard.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
SRPS EN 124:2011
SRPS EN 124-6:2016
90.93 Standard confirmed
Jun 11, 2021