1.1 This European Standard specifies the additional or deviating requirements to EN 81-20 for new passenger and goods passenger lifts, which may be used for firefighting and evacuation purposes under firefighters control.
1.2 This European Standard applies, when the following conditions are fulfilled:
- the lift well and the lift environment are designed to restrict the ingress of fire, heat and smoke to the lift well, machinery spaces and safe areas;
- the building design limits the flow of water into the lift well;
- the firefighters lift is not an escape route, such as staircases;
- the lift well and the lift environment are fire protected for at least to the same level as the building structure;
- the power supply is secure and reliable;
- the electrical cable providing power to the lift is fire protected to the same fire protection level as given to the lift well structure;
- a suitable maintenance and verification plan is implemented.
1.3 This European Standard does not cover:
- the use of lifts with partially enclosed wells for use as firefighters lifts;
- lifts installed in new or existing buildings, which are not included in fire resisting building structure;
- important modification to existing lifts.
1.4 This European Standard does not define:
- the number of firefighters lifts and the floors to be served during firefighting operations;
- size of safe area(s);
- the use of other than the highest deck of a multi deck lift for firefighting operations.
1.5 This European Standard deals with the significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to firefighters lifts (as listed in Clause 4) when they are used as intended and under the conditions as foreseen by the installer.
1.6 The following significant hazards are not dealt with in this standard and are assumed to be addressed by the building designer:
- not having enough or correctly located firefighters lifts to move the firefighters up the building;
- a fire in the firefighters lift well, safe area, machinery space or car;
- the absence of building floor identification signs at any floor;
- water management is not operating correctly.
Directives related to this standard.
Directive 2014/33/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to lifts and safety components for lifts (recast)Harmonized
МИНИСТАРСТВО УНУТРАШЊИХ ПОСЛОВА