This document provides product category rules (PCR) for Type III environmental declarations for windows and pedestrian doorsets as defined in EN 14351-1 and EN 14351-2. Windows and pedestrian doorsets additionally providing fire resistance and/or smoke control characteristics according to EN 16034 are also covered by this document.
NOTE 1 Windows that incorporate shutters and/or shutter boxes and/or blinds are in scope of this PCR. For any connected electrical devices (e.g. motors, sensors) -see 22.214.171.124.
This document complements the core rules for the product category of construction products as defined in the European standard EN 15804:2012+A1:2013. The document is to be used in conjunction with EN 15804:2012+A1:2013, not replace it.
NOTE 2 The assessment of social and economic performances at product level is not covered by this document.
The core PCR:
- defines the parameters to be declared and the way in which they are collated and reported;
- describes which stages of a product’s life cycle are considered in the EPD and which processes are to be included in the life cycle stages;
- defines rules for the development of scenarios;
- includes the rules for calculating the Life Cycle Inventory and the Life Cycle Impact Assessment underlying the EPD, including the specification of the data quality to be applied;
- includes the rules for reporting the predetermined, environmental and health information that is not covered by Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) for the product, construction process(es) and construction service(s), as relevant;
- defines the conditions under which construction products can be compared based on the information provided by EPD.
For the EPD of construction services the same rules and requirements apply as for the EPD of construction products.
SRPS EN 17213:2020
60.60 Standard published
Sep 30, 2020