This document specifies the laboratory test methods and test requirements for the testing of aerodynamic, thermal, acoustic and the electrical performance characteristics of non-ducted mechanical supply and exhaust residential ventilation units used in single dwellings.
The purpose of this document is not to consider the quality of ventilation but to test the performance of the equipment.
This document is applicable to ventilation units, the latter:
a) containing either:
- fans for mechanical supply and exhaust;
- air filters;
- air-to-air heat exchanger for heat and possibly humidity recovery;
- control system;
- inlet and outlet grilles; or
- alternating heat exchangers which provide separate supply and exhaust air flows;
b) provided either:
- in one assembly; or
- in more than one assembly, the separate assemblies of which are designed to be used together.
This document does not deal with ducted units which are covered by EN 13141-7 or units with heat pumps.
Safety requirements are given in EN 60335-2-40 and EN 60335-2-80.
SRPS EN 13141-8:2014
SRPS EN 13141-8:2022
60.60 Standard published
Sep 30, 2022