1.1 Scope of prEN 1993-1-3
(1) This document provides rules for structural design of cold-formed steel members and sheeting.
(2) This document applies to cold-formed steel products made from coated or uncoated hot- or cold-rolled sheet or strip, which have been cold-formed by processes such as roll-forming or press braking. It also covers sheeting and members which are curved during fabrication by continuous bending or roll-forming. Sheeting which has the curvature created by crushing the inner flanges is not included. This document is also applicable to the design of profiled steel sheeting for composite steel and concrete slabs at the construction stage, see EN 1994. The execution of steel structures made of cold-formed steel members and sheeting is covered in EN 1090 4. Provisions for bolted connections are provided in EN 1090 2.
NOTE The rules in prEN 1993 1 3 complement the rules in other parts of EN 1993 1.
(3) Methods are also given for stressed-skin design, using steel sheeting as a structural diaphragm.
(4) This document does not apply to cold-formed circular and rectangular structural hollow sections supplied to EN 10219, for which reference is made to EN 1993 1 1 and EN 1993 1 8.
(5) This document provides methods for design by calculation and for design assisted by testing. The methods for design by calculation apply only within the stated ranges of material properties and geometric proportions, for which sufficient experience and test evidence is available. These limitations do not apply to design assisted by testing.
(1) Unless specifically stated, EN 1990, EN 1991 (all parts) and EN 1993 1 1 apply.
(2) The design methods given in prEN 1993 1 3 are applicable if:
- the execution quality is as specified in EN 1090 4, the execution quality of bolted connections is as specified in EN 1090 2, and
- the construction materials and products are as specified in the relevant parts of EN 1993 (all parts), or in the relevant material and product specifications.
(2) EN 1993 is intended to be used in conjunction with:
- the parts of EN 1992 to EN 1999 where steel structures or steel components are referred to within those documents;
- EN, EAD and ETA standards for construction products relevant to steel structures.
Directives related to this standard.
Regulation (eu) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 march 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products and repealing council directive 89/106/eec
SRPS EN 1993-1-3:2013
naSRPS EN 1993-1-3:2019
40.60 Close of voting
May 5, 2022