This document identifies traffic management interfaces between central stations and specifies related ITS communication profiles enabling standardized data exchange over these communication interfaces, applicable for a variety of platforms including ITS station units (ITS-SUs) compliant with ISO 21217:2014. This document further specifies requirements on encoding of data.
These traffic management interfaces enable
- the provision of appropriate and relevant traffic information, e.g. congestion and travel times, to users across a variety of platforms;
- exchange of data such as:
- network performance data, e.g. traffic conditions, travel times, and
- planned and unplanned events and incidents, e.g.
- closures of roads, bridges, and tunnels,
- bad weather,
- road surface conditions.
This document recognizes specifications from DATEX II in order to avoid duplicate specifications. In doing so, this document aligns with existing products of CEN/TC 278/WG 8 and the additional work being undertaken within the DATEX community.
Directives related to this standard.
Directive 2010/40/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 July 2010 on the framework for the deployment of Intelligent Transport Systems in the field of road transport and for interfaces with other modes of transport Text with EEA relevance
SRPS CEN/TS 17466:2020
90.60 Close of review
Dec 2, 2023