This document specifies the minimum requirements necessary to ensure the safe design, calculation, manufacture, assembly, operation, disassembly, inspection and maintenance of the following, but not limited to:
- structures e.g. stage roofs, stage floors, follow spot towers, PA towers,
- LED support structures,
- one-off event structures,
- hospitality structures,
- temporary spectator facilities.
The above hereafter called event structures are structures intended to be installed and dismantled specifically for an event.
This document does not cover:
- Spectator facilities - EN 13200-series,
- Temporary structure - Tents - safety by EN 13782,
- Fairground and amusement park machinery and structures as per EN 13814 series,
- Temporary works equipment covered by CEN/TC 53,
- Inflatable play equipment-safety requirements and test methods as per EN 14960,
- Entertainment Technology as described by CEN TC 433.
NOTE This document is not applicable to event structures which are designed, manufactured, placed on the market or put in service before the date of publication of this document by CEN.
dnaSRPS EN 17879:2023
50.60 Close of voting. Proof returned by secretariat
Oct 26, 2023