This document applies to tyre curing machines having the following configuration:
- crossing flow tyre curing machines, with one cavity with manual or automatic feeding and discharge;
- crossing flow tyre curing machines, with two cavities, with manual or automatic feeding and discharge and with:
- common curing cycle and common safeguarding; or
- independent curing cycles and common safeguarding; or
- independent curing cycles and independent safeguarding;
- tyre curing machines with automatic rear feeding and discharge.
The safety requirements and/or protective measures specified in this document apply to tyre curing machines for cycle, motorcycle, passenger vehicle and truck tyres.
This document deals with the following ancillaries equipment that are an integral part in a tyre curing machine:
- loading/unloading device;
- take-away conveyor;
- Post Cure Inflator (PCI) integrated in the rear side of a crossing flow machines for passenger vehicle tyres.
This document does not deal with:
- feeding system and discharge system;
- tyre curing machines with manual loading of the green tyre into the mould and manual unloading of the cured tyre from the mould;
- ancillary equipment which is not an integral part of the tyre curing machine, e.g. conveying equipment;
- exhaust systems.
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to tyre curing machines, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Annex A).
It does not deal with hazards associated with falling of parts of the container or mould because they are not part of the machinery.
This document is not applicable to tyre curing machines which are manufactured before the date of its publication as an EN.
Directives related to this standard.
Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast)
SRPS EN 16474:2015
naSRPS EN 16474:2022
40.60 Close of voting
Feb 8, 2024